For Ages: 13-17
Absolute Beginner to Intermediate Spanish
Staff members enjoy meeting and relating to people from different countries and backgrounds. The school is located in a quiet residential area, and is 20 minutes walk from downtown. The school has comfortable sunny classrooms, surrounded by green areas, with a view of the mountains.
The Summer Teen Program covers Spanish for everyday use. It emphasizes oral proficiency and provides a solid foundation of the language. It is intended for those teenagers who will be traveling by themselves, with a friend, or a sibling, etc. (without a pre-formed group). They will be placed with a specially selected Costa Rican family with teenage sons or daughters.
The team of instructors are both professional and experienced. All instructors are native speakers of Spanish. They have university degrees and are experienced in teaching Spanish as a second language. They share our belief that classes must be enjoyable to the students.
- 08:30 - 11:00 Fieldtrip/Daily Activity (click here for weekly schedule)
- 11:00 - 13:15 Lunch
- 2:45-5:45 PM Spanish Classes
Accommodations - Homestay with a Costa Rican Family
Homestays Lodging is provided for the student in the home of a carefully selected Costa Rican family. Host families will provide a private room, breakfast and dinner. This arrangement will permit the student to continue practicing Spanish outside of the classroom while participating in the "Tico's" everyday life.
Participating families are chosen for their friendliness and helpfulness to the student. Most live within a 20 minute bus ride from the Institute, while a few are within walking distance. Lodging starts the day prior to the first day of classes and ends the day after your last day of class.
Included in the Program
- 3 Levels available: Elementary, Intermediate, High Intermediate.
- 15Spanish lessons per week in small group in the afternoons
- Accommodation in specially selected homes, double-room, from Sunday before the course till Saturday after the course
- Full board (3 meals daily)
- Laundry Service
- Books and material for the course.
- Morning Visits to Museums, Monuments, cultural and sport activities.
- Excursions and field trips.
- Arrival and departure round-trip transfers to accommodations and from accommodations to the airport.
- Free Internet access at school.
- NRCSA Emergency insurance (during dates in the foreign country:
• Accident insurance up to $10,000
• Emergency medical evacuation up to $25,000
• Emergency reunion up to $5,000
• Repatriation up to $7,500
• Life insurance up to $5,000
• 24 Hour emergency worldwide multi-lingual telephone assistance
2013 Start Dates
- This program starts June 10, 17, 24; July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; August 5 2013
- Last day of classes August 9, 2013
2013 Program Fees
- 1 week: $985
- 2 weeks: $ 1,815
- 3 weeks: $ 2,695
- 4 weeks: $ 3,415
- Additional weeks: $ 844
San Jose, Costa Rica - City Info
San José, the capital, has close to 1,000,000 inhabitants. At 4,000 feet above sea level, it boasts a springtime climate year-round. The city surprises visitors by its vitality. Despite its cosmopolitan atmosphere with Central, South and North Americans as well as Europeans on busy downtown streets, its residents display an unmatched friendliness and warmth. Tourists as well as visiting businessmen happily testify to this. Every year the country attracts a large number of persons who, having visited Costa Rica once, decide to return to settle here.
|PDF Brochure||419.87 KB|